Pages

Friday 9 July 2021

Whoops...it's Hare.

 So, yeah. Whoops.

Last week I drowned my laptop. Didn't mean to. It wasn't murder, it was an accident...honestly. If it had been the other way up in the bag, the leaked soya milk wouldn't have done so much damage, the repair guy told me. He couldn't save it; well, new motherboard, new power supply, new screen...expensive not worth it. I'd been thinking I needed an upgrade anyway, so I decided to embrace the moment, and look into getting a new machine. It's taken me till now to sort that out, mainly because I wasn't in a hurry. Truth be... I've had a great week not being plugged into that world. I don't have a mobile, you see....never seen much use in them...so my laptop is my portal to cyberspace. Without it, I was just floating free. It's so restful to not have that busy busy thing going on. I read lots, spent more time in the garden, played with the dog, slept more. Nice time. 

It's too late in the month to do a July show now, so I'm posting an old mix/show from 2013. It was originally broadcast on Dandelion Radio. I was feeling mischievous...wanting to break the form up a bit...so instead of hosting the show in the normal way, I used a basic text-to-speech program to be the DJ. I called it 'Hare'...I can't remember why...I just like hares.

It's 2 hours long, mostly electronica, and pretty poundin' towards the end. Great for the car. Here's the link for a direct download HARE

And here it is in Mixcloud:


Shel Silverstein - Fuckem'

Hermanez - Dope Feen

Oliver Huntemann - Tasmanian Tiger

Leedvd - Street Life

Alan Fitzpatrick & Jon Gurd - Electric Love

Emerson & Dubnitzky - Gentle One

Igorrr - Vegetable Soup

Bando - 345

Bambounou - Any Other Service

David Ezra Brown - Eleven Camels

Carmine - Pharmacodynamics

Arnoux - Nothing More Than Dead

Zoo - Manusia Baru

Pine Leaf Boys - Chère Chérie [Dearest Dear]

Cantankerous Riot - It's All In The Game

Martinibomb - The Love God

Pachanga Boys - Legs

Tiitus - Nocturne

Tim Rose - Morning Dew

Juno Reactor - Pistolero (Mr Black rmx)

Mighty Dub Katz - Magic Carpet Ride (DJ's From Mars rmx)

Phunk Investigation, Schuhmacher - From The Dust

DJ Dan - Out Of Nowhere

Rob Acid - Prometheus


One vid...a touch of schadenfreude: